Dar Mutapha Pacha

Dar Mustapha Pasha is located in the lower Kasbah, in the district Souk-el-Djemâa, bordering the street brothers Mecheri. This palace is an exceptional architectural wealth. It was built in 1798 for the Dey Mustapha Pasha, it was then the home of General Trobriant, then converted in 1863 into a national library until 1948 to become the headquarters of several organizations. Classified on March 30, 1887, it has been restored to become the future museum of miniature, illuminated and calligraphy.