Dar El Hamra

Dar-El-Hamra “Dar Mami Arnaout”, is located in the lower Casbah, at the Regency Square, bordering the street Mohamed Bouras (Zenqat Ain el Hamra). Built by the Dey Hussein in 1818, it suffered a succession of transformations due in particular to its installation in hotel of the director of the fortifications then to the widening of the ways to the colonial time, used thereafter like dwelling and finally headquarters of the OFIRAC.It was classified in 1887. It underwent light work in 1986 and restoration work following the earthquake of 2003.This palace will house the National Center for Research in Archeology.