The Bardo National Museum (المتحف الوطني باردو), located at the top of the main boulevard in the center of Algiers, boulevard Didouche Mourad ex-rue Michelet-dominant Ghermoul and the hospital Mustapha Pasha, is an Algerian museum. It was named Bardo Museum before taking its current name in 1985. The djenane was built in the late eighteenth century by a wealthy exiled Tunisian, Hadj Ben Omar, to serve as a summer residence for the reception notables of the time. In 1879, an extension was built by his last owner, a Frenchman named Joret. This one was to serve as stables and discounts.